Archive for La Roja
- Basque origins: Discuss how Basques were central to the development of spanish soccer and the spread across the country? Is the name La Furia Roja referring to the Basque style of play? (Why were the Basques the first power houses in Spanish Football? First idols : Pichichi and Zarra)
- The image of Don Quixote keeps coming up in your book over and over. Why?
- What was the effect of the Spanish Civil War on Spanish Football and later Franco's reign?
- Some might say that 1950's was the original golden age of Spanish Football and the emergence of RM and FCB, with Di Stefano and Kubala, why couldn't this kind of success be replicated in the Spanish National Team? Were Di Stefano and Kubala, the Messi and Ronaldo of their day?
- Why the fascination with the foreign player, which still prevails today in Spain?
- What is the relation between Real Madrid and Franco?
- With the emergence of La Cantera came La Quinta del Buitre, do you think we will ever see that again at Real Madrid?
- Why dont we see similar talent coming out of youth academies in England?
- Why was Butragueño so much more loved as a footballer than Raul?
- When and how did La Furia Roja become La Roja aka tiqui taca style? What was the catalyst?
- Beyond political differences the emergence of youth development, tournaments, the friendship of Xavi and Iker.
- Is Helenio Herrera the forefather of Jose Mourinho?
- Will Pep Guardiola ever be the Spain National team coach?
- Will La Roja ever play in Euskadi?
- Have teams found out Spain?
Listen Now:Standard Podcasts [00:49:43m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download | Embeddable Player | Hits (Loading)