Archive for Interviews
Elisa and Ravi had the pleasure of talking to one of the most popular english writers of Spanish football, Tim Stannard aka @LaLigaLoca.
Tim is based in Madrid contributing regularly to FourFourTwo Magazine with the daily La Liga Loca blog and Football365.com, as well as featuring in When Saturday Comes and UEFA Champions League magazine. He also works as a TV producer for a football show and has an intense dislike for Flamenco music and chickpeas. Contactable by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics: Duration 60 min.
1. Clasico - aftermath
- did you expect it to go the way it transpired?
- do u think Madrid can beat Barça in any of the future clasicos of this season?
- Cristiano's funk against Barça - what is your theory on it?
- Mourinho - what do you think of him after 1.5 years? Has his aura diminished a bit due to the clasico losses?
- Should he win Copa or La Liga and not Champions League, will he stay for 3rd year?
2. Back in October, there was some noise about the new stadium plans of Barça & Madrid - will they just become even more stronger and the gap widen?
- Atleti's stadium move plans
3. What do you think of Mourinho playing Pedro Mendes (Jorge Mendes' son) in the Champions League, on loan from Sporting and not even a starter in defense at Castilla?
- Are they trying to pump his value before selling him for a higher price?
4. What do you think of the Jorge Mendes effect on Real Zaragoza, Real Madrid and Atletico?
5. What is going on with Reyes? Can you pinpoint the main issue at Atleti?
6. Can you give our listeners a summary of the Del Nido court case in Malaga?
7. What do u think of Bankia's deal to give further loan to Valencia and waive off its huge debt in return for property?
8. What do you think about the Málaga project?
9. What is your take on the Villa injury? How would you describe his relationship with Pep and Messi prior to the injury?
10. The Marca/As shenanigans
11. Do you see Madrid or Barça signing anyone in the winter transfer window?
10. Do you like the noon kickoffs?
11. Villarreal - Garrido
12. Predictions for La Liga
- La Liga, Copa, Champions League and the Euro Cup 2012
- Torres situation
- Will Raúl be back in the Spain set-up?
14. the "Guti" phenomenon
Here is Tim's article on fourfourtwo.com about Del Nido that he mentioned at the end of the podcast Past catches up with Del Nido
For the first time on Forzafutbol we had the pleasure of inviting a couple of media personalities from Scandinavia. We are pleased to welcome Johanna Gara, a football journalist at Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet and La Liga expert on TV4, a Swedish national TV channel. Johanna lived in Barcelona and covered Zlatan's stay at Barça and offers some great insights into Zlatan and a lot of things in his autobiography. You may follow Johanna on twitter @johannagara.
We extend a warm welcome also to Petter Veland, La Liga-expert for the Norwegian TV-channel CANAL+. Petter watches all the 380 matches from La Liga per season. For Petter Granada - Racing is as interesting as Real Madrid - Barça. An out and out La Liga fan and specifically a Villarrea fan. [the groguets are the best, as you all know by now ]. Petter is very active on twitter and all his tweets are about La Liga. You may follow him at @PetterVeland.
Elisa and Ravi discussed a range of topics with Johanna and Petter.
Segment #1 - 31 min
- How is La Liga viewed and perceived in Norway & Sweden
- Which league is the most watched league there?
- How many La Liga games are televised in Norway/Sweden? How many networks carry them?
- Who is most supported team (apart from Madrid and Barça)?
- Betweem Madrid & Barça who is more popular?
- How Biesla's move to Athletic piqued interest about Athletic in Norway
- The impact of Swedish & Norwegian players like Henrik Larsson and John Carew playing in La Liga and the teams supported
- Recent trend of people disliking Barça or complain about Jose Mourinho
- Who well Spain is supported over there.
- Penyas in Norway and Sweden
- CANAL+ Norway's interview of Del Nido and the reaction
- Predictions of Petter & Johanna for La Liga and Johanna
Segment #2 - Zlatan book & the season so far 33 min
- The Zlatan book
- How Zlatan tried to be a part of Barça system - "Why did you buy a Ferrari and use it like a fiat?"
- Does the current issue with Villa have a parallel to the Zlatan issue?
- The other parts of the Zlatan book - Ibra's chidhood
- How Ibra got to Ajax.
- How does he find Italy comfortable?
- The Ibra-Oguchi Onyewu skirmish at Milan
- The childish demeanour of Ibra
- Reaction to Ibra's book in Norway & Sweden - The love and hate relationship of Zlatan with people
- Johanna's 1-on-1 interviews with Cesc Fabregas and Andrés Iniesta
- Summary of La Liga season
- The race for 3-7 in Spain
We thank Johanna & Petter for their valuable time and being on the show. We also hope you will all enjoy this podcast a lot. Cheers!
|on Forza Futbol|
The Copa America 2011 concluded. The pre-tournament expectations where very high. But the two biggest pre-tournament favourites Brasil and Argentina failed spectacularly. The lack of goals early on meant there were a lot of draws damped the enthusiasm even further. However the tournament did have its high points. Here is a list of the bests & worsts of the Copa America 2011. Our experts Chris (@Chris_Elastico) & Rob (@Santapelota) have talked to Ravi (@aupasubmarino) to give their opinions in the podcast.
- Best player (outfield)
- Luis Suarez (Ravi)
- Alvaro Pereira
- Nestor Ortigoza
- Vizcarrondo (All)
- Guarin, armero
- Cesar Gonzalez
- Guerrero (Chris, Rob)
- Diego Lugano
- Best coach
- Cesar Farias - Venezuela (Chris)
- Tata Martino - Paraguay (Rob)
- Sergio Markarian - Peru (Ravi)
- Washington Tabares - Uruguay
- Biggest overachiever
- Peru (all)
- Biggest underachiever
- Argentina (Chris, Ravi)
- Brazil (Rob)
- Most disappointing star
- Tevez (Chris)
- Mascherano (Ravi, Rob)
- Neymar, Messi
- Most entertaining game
- Venezuela - Paraguay 3-3
- Chile - Peru 2-1
- Chile - Venezuela 2-1 QF (Ravi)
- Argentina - Uruguay QF 1-1 penalties (Chris, Rob)
- Brazil - Ecuador - 4-2
- Who among the suprises will more likely carry this form into WC qualifying
What do you think of our selections? Please give yours thoughts in the comments.
Thanks a lot for following us for the Copa America 2011.
|Elisa, Ravi and Jose Antonio Forza Futbol|
On today's episode of Forza Futbol, Elisa and Ravi are joined by resident legal correspondent Jose Antonio and they talk about SAD's, La Ley Concursal which relegates administration and bankruptcy for clubs in Spain, clubs going through that process as we speak and what it means for La Liga, plus they talk about the general legal and financial climate in Spain.
« Previous entries ·