Archive for September 2011
Elisa, Mando and I had the pleasure of chatting with one of our regulars, Juan Arango from Gol TV. We discussed a lot about La Roja, the Spanish national team as well as the current affairs of La Liga - the movement started by Del Nido, Fernando Roig et al to address the disparities of La Liga and a host of other problems like Ley Concursal, catastrophic fiscal management of clubs etc..
We even have little bonus clip where we go further on the problems and Juan talks a bit about living his dream at Gol TV.
Segment#1: 25 min - La Roja's Euro 2012 qualification & Chile friendly
- Chile game, first half - weird formation
- Chile game 2nd half - much better
- Euro 2012 qualification
- The issues that Vicente Del Bosque needs to address to retain the Euro.
Segment#2: 22 min - with Juan
- The movement of the Del Nido, Roig etc.. - short-term and long-term implications
- Big teams of La Liga stockpiling players and loaning them - is this good or bad for the player, the league
- TV rights, financial fairplay etc..
We have Simon Harris from Barcelona in this pod. Simon is Brit musician who moved to Barcelona 23 years ago and is a converted 'Culé'. He loves the language Catalán, Catalunya, Spain and Spanish football. He runs the website http://www.Spain-football.org which covers a La Liga from a Barcelona perspective as well provide valuable information for tourists of Spain. Please check his site and you may follow him on twitter (@SimonHarris).
Segment#1 : Week#1 round-up : 23 min
1. Round-up of week #1 2. Best game of the week 3. Worst game of the week - we argued a lot on this one 4. A brief interlude into the disparity - will touch upon this in detail in another pod 5. Our reflections on the Bielsa experiment 6. Transfer season wrap-up of Atleti and Valencia two of the most active teams in the market this season
Segment#2 : Simon Harris : 27 min
1. Intro and how Simon fell in love the Barcelona and Barça 2. Importance of FC Barcelona to the city and Catalunya as a whole 3. Thoughts on the 'Dream team' and the current Barça side 4. Why Simon likes Spanish football over English football
We you hope you enjoy this pod. Subscribe to us on iTunes : http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/forza-futbol-podcast/id252137908 Listen to us on your Android, Windows Phone and other platforms